One of the most annoying things about using WinZip to unzip files is that there are time windows when you can’t download and install it. If this happens, here’s how you can use two free tools: 7-Zip and StuffIt Expander.
Yes, people still use Winzip. But there are two ways to unzip files without the software: drag and drop on Windows 10 or drag and drop on Android
The “how to unzip without winzip windows 10” is a question that has been asked many times. There are two ways to do this, one of which is using the “7-Zip” program. The other way is by using the right click on the file and choosing “Extract All”.
If you’re looking for a technique to unzip files without using WinZip, there are two options available.
WinZip, WinRAR, and 7z make unzipping zip, rar, 7z, and war files much simpler. If you don’t have permission to install any of these, Windows includes a built-in function that allows you to unzip zip files directly. If the inbuilt zip extractor does not work for you, you may use java to unzip compressed files and zip them.
Here’s how to unzip a file without using WinZip and instead utilizing the Java Extractor.
Unzipping files without WinZip:
1. Use the Windows extractor to extract files:
Any zip file may be extracted using Windows’ built-in utility. The steps are as follows:
- To open the zip file in explorer view, double-click it.
- Select the option “Extract all” from the “Compressed Folder Tools” area of the toolbar.
- Otherwise, right-click the zip file and choose “Extract All…” from the context menu.
- A door swings open. To extract the files from the zip file, click the Extract option.
Also see: Disable Google Location Tracking
If you’re using a Windows server PC, you may not be able to locate this built-in program. In my instance, I was confronted with a similar problem and had to use Java to extract the zip file. This is a fantastic tip; you may not realize that you can also extract files with the Java command.
2. Using Java to extract files:
- In the Environment Variables, make sure JAVA HOME is set.
- To the path variable, add the JAVA HOME>bin path.
- Create a new folder and place the zip file inside it, or open a command prompt window and go to the directory where the zip/war/jar is located. As a result, when the zip is extracted, the contents are extracted to the folder.
- To see the contents of the compressed file, type jar -tvf Sample.zip.
- To extract the files, use jar -xvf Sample.zip.
It makes no difference whether you use commercial programs to extract compressed files, such as Winzip or Winrar. Instead of installing any free software to extract zip files on Windows 10, use one of the two simple methods below.
I hope this article assisted you in unzipping files without the need of WinZip, WinRAR, or other tools. Many people are unaware of the power of using Java to extract zip files.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I unzip multiple files without WinZip?
A: You can use other file unzipping software such as WinRar, 7-Zip and many others.
Is there a free alternative to WinZip?
A: Free alternatives are not readily available for WinZip. However, there are some free software packages out there with similar features that may work better for you.
What can I use instead of WinZip?
A: One option is using 7-Zip, which can be found on the desktop. Alternatively you could use WinRar if that program has been installed to your computer.
- how to unzip files windows 10
- how to unzip winzip files
- winzip free
- how to open a 7z file without winzip windows 10
- how to open winzip files